Saturday, May 7, 2011

Chapter 7 Vocabulary Builder--Anna

Flaccid (pg. 232): soft and limp; not firm; flabby
Adulation (pg. 235): to show excessive admiration or devotion to
Effigy (pg. 236): a crude representation of someone disliked, used for purposes of ridicule.
Abstraction A(pg 237): an abstract or general idea or term.
Repugnant (pg 241): distasteful, objectionable, or offensive
Amenable (pg 245): ready or willing to answer, act, agree, or yield; open to influence, persuasion, or advice; agreeable
Insipid (pg 250): without distinctive, interesting, or stimulating qualities
Inveterate (pg 259): firmly established by long continuance, as a disease, habit, practice, feeling, etc
Travesty (pg 262): a farcical or grotesque imitation; mockery; parody
Untenable (pg 269): incapable of being defended

1 comment:

  1. I would like to help others how to learn foreign language. I build vocabulary flashcards. A major benefit of the flashcards is that they are extremely portable, comfortably fit into my pocket. If I am standing in the queue at the movie theatre or the mall I pluck them out kill some time by revising them. To make cards I use Accelebrain tool.2

    ReplyDelete